Friday, March 15, 2013

Popping a Balloon with a Spoon

I am trying to post often so that I can catch up to where I am currently.  I feel that now more than ever I need the support.  So if you get sick of me posting so often that is why.  I am anxious to get this caught up to life NOW.

So really the next two weeks of shots went well.  It was super easy and I didn't bruise.  My belly just had several lil red dots all over, which I am sure is nothing after what having a baby does to your belly ;)  Soon enough things started to settle down, I was starting to get a hang of it all.  And crazy enough the date for the procedure was really creeping up fast, so fast that I was calling my auntie just a week before making sure I could stay with her for two weeks.  As far as calendar stuff goes I was to stop exercising and had two new shots to start.  I planned an extra 20 minutes for myself to do the shots before work for the first day.  I was feeling quite confident with them because the one before hadn't hurt one bit.  So I get them ready and watch the how-to videos to be sure I do everything correctly.  There turned out to be a few extra steps to these ones than the previous.  Such as pre-mixing and different dosing.  So after the how to video I again, gave myself a good pep talk and once again "stabbed with confidence."  Oh Jimmy....that needle bounced right off my belly!  I disgustingly looked at that needle thinking, "What in the!?  You're telling me I have to stab harder!?"  I tried a couple more times and finally thought, "Alright...I gotta get to work....15 minutes ago, I'm just gonna have to do this.  It'll be done fast."  So I put the needle to my skin and pushed....and pushed some more....and then a lil harder (by now this is looking like I was trying to pop a balloon with a spoon.) I can't see the needle, just a bunch of skin being folded in around the needle and finally POP!  It went in!  I pushed the solution and wiggled that evil needle out of my belly.  It's like it was holding on inside, not wanting to come out.  By now I am in a cold sweat and really not wanting to do yet ANOTHER one. But with the pressure of time and some more pep talking I worked up the courage and went in. This time the needle went in much easier, painful, but easier. But as I started to push the solution in, there was an insane, intense, terrible, horrific....you get the idea....burning!  And it was resisting, I was shaking trying to push it in.  It didn't feel right!  I was crying, sweating more (I totally shouldn't have even got ready for work that day, any makeup I had on was now dripping off.) I sat there, wondering what I should do.  It really did not feel right, but I had to get to work.  So, despite the terrible resistance and burning, I inched a little bit in. After each little push I huffed inspiring words. I--(push)--CAN--(push)--DO--(push) THIS!  Once done I gave myself a glance of accomplishment in the mirror, applied some insane pressure and was waddling the door like a creepy hunchback.  Thank the heavens above I am blessed with a wonderful understanding boss.  The site of that shot hurt ALL. DAY. LONG.  Later that evening I called the clinic to be sure that this was normal, and although the resistance was normal, the bouncy dull needle was not.  But unfortunately that is how it was for the next two weeks.  I had a good lil blue and purple bruise from the painful shot, but other than that just lots of red specs.  I would say that by now I am a way good "shot" peptalker.  Like seriously, I think I could really help some people out ;)

With all these shots it was time for an appt to see if they were doing what they were supposed to.  One was to be making it so I produced a lot of eggs instead of just one and the other was pretty much the same thing. Simply I was just getting a lot of hormones.  So I went in for the appt to get an ultrasound that would show how my ovaries were doing and see how many eggs we had.  The ultrasound looked pretty cool.  If you were to cut a pomegranate in half that is what the picture looked like.  But black and white, not red and cream....ya.  So it was pretty cool, my ovaries were doing what the hormones were telling them too. I think each side had around 7 eggs :) So this was the weekend before all the big stuff.  I would be staying with my aunt due to daily ultrasounds the next week and the plan was the egg retrieval that weekend.

1 comment:

  1. You are really amazing. I don't know if I could go through all that but I'm amazed at how you're handling all of it. You're so strong. And good for you for not giving up!

    ReplyDelete